Radio Camp Coordinator17 May 2016 / by CJRU 1280AM (author)
CJRU Kids Radio Camp invites 15 children to come and host their own radio shows, make radio plays, learn about Canadian music and even build a mini AM radio to take home.
As a camp coordinator you will be responsible for the supervision and training of the group each day, liaising with parents and coordinating the week's activities. Some of the camp activities include:
- How to write, record and edit a radio advertisement,
- How to write, record and edit a review of a Canadian album or book.
- How to use a professional broadcast mixing board
- How to record sound effects and write radio plays
- How to DJ music
- At the end of the week campers host a live 2-hour radio show on 1280AM and enjoy their very own launch party!
- Conduct camp workshops & Prepare materials for each day
- Train children in the recording editing and mixing of audio
- Coordinate activities with workshop leaders and volunteer mentors
- Liaise with parents
- Teach children to operate mixing boards, microphones and headphones.
- Assist children in preparing scripts
- Assist in planning a 2-hour live radio show
- Supervise children throughout the day
- Responsible, punctual and reliable
- Experience working with or supervising children
- Creative, fun and outgoing
- Knowledge of audio recording and digital editing
- This position requires a completed Vulnerable Persons Screening check
- **First Aid Certification required
Email a cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10, 2016.
Duration: July 4-August 1, 2016
July 4-8=15 hours
July 11-15= 44 hours *Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm
July 18-22=15 hours
July 25-August 1= 15 hours