JOB POST: Music & Production Assistant - Summer position13 May 2016 / by CJRU 1280AM (author)
CJRU is hiring a summer student to attend to and diversify our music library as well as assist in the production of radio content at the station.
To apply for this position, you must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intending to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration
- available on a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends
- Previous experience as a volunteer or employee in community media or other not-for-profit environments.
- Some media production experience and familiarity with audio editing.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills.
- Comfortable using social media.
- Outgoing, friendly and reliable.
- A passion for local music and experience within the Toronto music community.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
30 hours per week at $12.00/hour. This 8 week contract is to commence June 6 and ends August 10.
Radio Ryerson is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from women, aboriginals, persons with disabilities, visible and non-visible minorities.
The deadline for applications is midnight May 23, 2016.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and any links to previous production /audio work to email@example.com subject: “Attention Hiring Committee.”
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.