Students02 March 2016 / by The Scope (author)
CJRU is a special radio station because it is licensed as a campus and community broadcaster. We are partly funded by a generous levy from the students of Ryerson University. There are a number of ways for students to get involved at their campus station.
- Internships: complete your course internship at our station. Campus community stations are great spaces to learn and try things out. We work with all interns to create a work plan that focuses on developing skills and experiences based around the interns interests and goals. Past internships have included on-air hosting, music library, administrative, and digital marketing. CJRU commits some funds each year to pay honorariums.
- Hosting and Producing: Create and develop your own programming to brighten up your portfolio, pursue a passion or learn new technical skills. Campus radio is a fun way to network on and off campus! CJRU staff love to promote student work to the wider community.
- Collective Programming: We know students have busy schedules, but our station accepts volunteer productions large or small! We offer a number of opportunities to help make radio as part of a team. We have both spoken word and music collectives that are always looking for new team members.
- Course Work Spotlights: always interested in listening to the work you've created in class and airing work that fits in our mandate. We're also interested in developing programming around coursework so if you're a professor, be in touch. We provide studio access and equipment to students who are producing for CJRU at Ryerson- including all faculties full or part time!
- We promote student work and initiatives to the wider community
- We help students create demos and portfolios
- We help students fulfill placements hours
- We co-write funding proposals with our student volunteers
- We promote student music
- We sponsors concerts and events run by students for students
- We advocate for student issues
- We connect students with opportunities through our community partner agencies